Please visit these ladies and support their blogs. In the spirit of the nomination, here are my answers to Miss M's (Teaching Is A Gift) questions. Have a great week!
The questions for my nominees are:
1. List five adjectives that describe yourself.
dedicated, innovative, compassionate, congenial, loyal
2. What are you currently reading for enjoyment?
The Christmas Jar
It came very naturally to me and I wanted to have
an occupation that allowed me to contribute to society.
4. What do you want to be doing in five years?
Watching me oldest son graduate from college
and my youngest son start college.
5. If you could have only one powered appliance at home/work what would it be?
Math. It was so hard for me when I was in school.
I find it a challenge to find the right way to reach a student.
7. What is your least favourite subject, and how do you overcome your indifference toward it to teach it well?
Science....by having a very good lesson plans and good support on my team.
8. What do you think is the funniest word in our vocabulary?
This is very childish, but I can't hear the word 'fart' without giggling.
9. What is the greatest success you have had in teaching?
It's hard to pick just one, but the recurring theme is
making an important difference in a child's life.
10. If someone wrote a book on your life what would you like the title to be?
My Life as a Roller Coaster.
11. What would your students say was the most important thing that they had learned after spending a year in your class?
It's okay to make mistakes if we learn from them and to never give up.