Monday, April 29, 2013

Widgets

Monthly Goals Linky and Geo Creations

 Setting goals for myself is something I don't do often enough.  My goals mostly feel like a never-ending to-do list.  So I jumped at the chance to join Jess at I {Heart} Recess's May Goals Linky! 

Here's mine..... 

Personal:  This is a big month for my baby boy (who is 17).  He has AP Exams, Senior Prom, and the coup de gras, graduation.
(Please pass the tissues.  Sniff.  Sniff.)   Family is coming to celebrate with us and I've got to get everything ready for his graduation party. Where does time go?  I can't resist showing you  my "baby".  He will be attending Texas A & M in the fall.  



Health:  This was a no-brainer.  I need sleep.  During the school year, I get by on very little sleep.  But by May, it starts to catch up with me.  It's time to replenish my energy reserve!

Blogging:  Blogging has been such an unexpected joy in my life.  I really don't have any major goals other than to have the time to post more often.  I never want blogging to feel like work.  I love that blogging can be whatever I want it to be.  It's so liberating!  

School:  I LOVE this time of the year.  I feel like all my stress was packed up in the boxes along with the STAAR Test.  I'm back to loving my job and enjoying my students.  This is also the time of year I like to make notes about what worked and what didn't during the year.  Since this was my first year in third grade, I had a big learning curve.  Reflection is the spring board to improvement and I always consider myself to be a work in progress. 

Fun:  I have a looonnng list of fun things I want to do this summer. 
But at the top of my list is to go home to see my parents.  I miss them so much.  They live in Ohio and it's nice to get away from the Texas heat!

That was fun!  

Now for the Geo-creations pictures I promised and blogged about here.  They turned out great!  So creative!


Puppy Pup

Rocket Man

Princess Bed

Jet Plane

Soccer Goals

Thanks for stopping by!


10 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up! I can't imagine my oldest graduating from high school, he is only 6 and just learned how to ride a bike without training wheels tonight. They grow way to fast! Enjoy your sons accomplishment with as many boxes of tissues needed :)

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your Linky, Jess! It's brilliant!

      Way to go to your son for learning how to ride a bike! That's a big milestone. Can you remember when you learned how? I can! Write it in his baby book. I wish I did!

      ((HUGS))
      Diane

      Delete
  2. I can't imagine my baby graduating.. now granted she's only 19 months, but I have a slight meltdown when she says new words or learns something new. Best wishes on the sleep thing... I sill can't manage to get to bed at a decent hour!

    Mandy
    The 4th Grade Journey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mandy! 19 months is such and adorable age. She must be a joy! Thank you for stopping by!

      Diane

      Delete
  3. My twins are high school freshmen and I am trying to make as many memories with them as I can before they are off to college. I have started stashing boxes of tissues in my hall closet for when that time comes. Thank you for reaching out to me on my blog. I am follower 322, so maybe your number "22" will also bring me some luck!

    Foreman Teaches

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny that you got a 22, too! It's sad to think about the double whammy of your twins graduating. Hopefully at least one of them will be within driving distance of home. My son will be about an hour and a half away. I tell myself that I can drive there anytime I'm missing him too much! Thanks for stopping by!

      Diane

      Delete
  4. My kid is only four but I can feel how fast time flies. So sad. I'm your newest follower!

    Tina
    Crofts' Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those geo creations turned out so cute!! I can't believe how grown up your baby boy is. What a sweet baby picture.

    Megan
    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your students geo creations look awesome. I'm a new follower!

    Hunter's Tales from Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am your newest follower :-). My oldest is graduating this year as well. She was my only for 14 years and then we were surprised with her little sister, so I get to do it all again in 15 years.
    I will be teaching my first year in third grade this coming August, I am excited.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...