Sunday, May 26, 2013

Widgets

Bitstrips and Me



I went into my sons room to put some laundry away and saw he was working on a comic strip.  "Whatcha doin'?" I asked.  "Oh, just working on a comic strip project I have to do for English," he says.  It looked like he was having fun.  "Watch this!" he grinned.  We cracked up as he easily created different emotions and scenes with his characters.  I had to try it!  Besides, I needed a laundry break!

So, off I went to Bitstrips.  I couldn't believe how easy it was and how you could create characters and their emotions so easily.  First, I made my "character" which is translated into many avatar choices (see above).  I was having so much fun, I had to make my own comic strip.  Here it is!



How cool is that?  My head is spinning with ideas for using this next year!  It's so easy, I know third graders will be able to use it.  
If you create one, upload your link below!  Happy Creating!




I'm so excited that Teaching with Moxie is featured in this weekend's Bagels and Blogs at Math Coach's Corner.  Donna featured my Free & Easy End-of-Year Activities Link Up.  Do you have an activity to share?  Link up here.



Have a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend!

6 comments:

  1. What grade is your son in? I am curious to try this next year with my 9th graders!

    Eden
    teachinginflats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is in 8th grade. I'm not sure, but his assignment involved a hero character. Thanks for stopping by!

      Diane

      Delete
  2. Very cool! So you got your STAAR scores back? Our administration has them and just hasn't shown them to us yet...grrr! According to your comic strip, your students did well? Congratulations!

    Rebecca
    Ladybugs Lounge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we got our STAAR scores! In our district, the parents get them at the same time we do. I am pleased with the results. Those kiddos worked so hard! In many cases, they exceeded my expectations. I'm so glad it's over until next year! Hope all goes well for you, too!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this post. I am going to have to look at Bitstrips. I think my students would really love it! I am a new follower and look forward to reading more of your posts.

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Andrea! You will have so much fun with Bitstrips!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...