Friday, March 29, 2013

Widgets

Get rid of the "Crazies"!


I have had more than my share of "crazy" this week.  Not the good kind of crazy.  The crazy kind of crazy.  LOO-NEE-BIRD-CRAY-ZEE!  Gone-off-the deep-end-crazy.  Encounters of the "Get a Life" crazy?  Are you with me?

My poor dear hubby is always there to listen to the craziness.  He is the best about helping me let go of the Crazies.  I am also very fortunate that I have a wonderful, supportive teaching partner and grade-level team.  But, when my mind wanders, I like to have something to redirect my thoughts.  Enter:  Roy Rogers.  I was very excited to find this quote on Pinterest recently.



This is much easier said than done.  I'm just not the thick-skin type.  But when I turned half-a-centurylast summer, I began to feel a stronger urgency to live every minute to the fullest.  Roy....your wisdom lives on!  Here are a few other suggestions for dealing with the CRAZIES!








Unfortunately, teachers are encountering more and more adult irrational behavior.  How do you cope with it?  Please share as we could all benefit from different ideas! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Postscript:

I had just finished writing and publishing this post when my doorbell rang.  I was so surprised to see a former student (and his mom) who had moved across the country last year!  He handed me a beautiful flower arrangement and said he was in town and asked his mom if he could stop by to say thank you for being his teacher.  If he only knew how much I needed to here that today!  

I believe it was a little divine intervention on this Holy Friday.   God's work through my former student was this teacher's cure for the crazies.  


7 comments:

  1. I'm with ya! The world is just cray cray sometimes, and I can't believe the behavior of 'adults'. Keep you head up and move on! You are awesome! How is your TpT adventure going?

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara,
      Thanks for stopping by! I am so excited about my TPT store! Only four products so far and great results! I am very encouraged. I can't wait for this summer so I can devote more time to it! How about you?

      Diane

      Delete
  2. I am sooooo with you! I've had my share of crazy the last two weeks! :( thanks for this post though- it made me at least smile about it!
    Jivey
    ideas by jivey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was cathartic to write it! I'm glad it made you smile!

      Diane

      Delete
  3. Love all the suggestions! I would say I need a lot to deal now that I have to think about it - trust in God, empathy from wonderful staff members, and lots of Sonic drinks!


    Oh, How Pintearesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust in God is the answer! So true! Please read my postscript.

      Diane

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...