Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Widgets

Treasure Map for Teachers - #2



Welcome back!  I have some awesome treasure to share with you today!

What's Under Your Cape?

I always love visiting the blog, Corner on Character.  It is written by a wonderful elementary counselor, Barbara Gruener.  I share her belief that character is a very important element to a successful classroom.  Not a day goes by that there isn't an opportunity to talk about character with my students.  

Barbara has written a fantastic book called What's Under Your Cape? (Buy it HERE.)  I bought it a few weeks ago and have highlighted and dog-eared most of the pages!  



The book uses each letter of the words SUPER HEROES to highlight an important character trait.  Barbara gives many strategies for helping children focus on building these positive values.  One of my favorites is about dealing with bullies by teaching students a song to the tune of "The Chicken Dance"(page 53 in the book)  Who doesn't love"The Chicken Dance"?  I can imagine my kids asking to do this over and over!

As a special treat, I have FREE bookmarks in my TPT store that go along with this book.  Click the picture below to get your copy!






See you next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...