Sunday, June 3, 2012

Widgets

Welcome! What's Moxie???

Welcome to my blog!


Well, there's no one here yet....except for my talented teaching partner, Megan (Check her out at "I teach. What's your super power?").  She designed my blog title and I love it!  I'm new at blogging, but she has graciously offered to teach me some tricks along the way.  As usual, I'm a work in progress but have the "moxie" to jump in with both feet.


Speaking of moxie....what is it, you ask???   Moxie is a word that entered modern lexicon via a soda advertising campaign.   The soda, Moxie, chose to identify its product with rugged individualism.  True or not, the word evolved into a definition which is described in a blog called "The Lexicon of Cultural Folly".  It is:


1.  A knack for facing adversity with unwavering optimism.


2.  Energy mixed with determination.


Well, that's me in a nutshell.  I'm always looking for a better way, a new idea, a different way to reach a child.  I do not like to give up.  I see obstacles as opportunities.  Everything happens for a reason.  The glass is half full.  If I fall down, I get up again.   If I fail, I try to learn from my mistakes.  I am a work in progress.


That's why my passion is "Teaching With Moxie"!   Thank you for sharing my journey with me!



q Diane r


ted williams moxie
A Brief History of 'Moxie' by Answer Fella
www.esquire.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...