Sunday, December 30, 2012

Widgets

Wrapping up Christmas

Before Christmas gets too far behind us, I wanted to share a few of the holiday happenings in my classroom.  


 First, we made these adorable ornaments!  You may recognize them from Pinterest!  They turned out so cute!  The reindeer's head is the child's thumbprint.  The eyes and antlers are drawn with Sharpie.  The nose is a tiny drop of red glitter glue.  On the reverse side, each child wrote the name very neatly and the year, 2012.  The did a super job!  




In my Dec. 7th post (Meet Jingles), I introduced you to our classroom elf.  I just have to share the rest of Jingles's visits with you.  And while I'm at it, I'm linking up with Mel D. at Seusstastic Classroom Inspirations.  Here we go!


First, Jingles drew on my family pictures with (gasp!) Sharpie! The kiddos were genuinely sad that my pictures were ruined.  I told them that I was sure Jingles had a magical way of removing the Sharpie!



 Next, Jingles set up a Holiday Kisses Booth (I found this free printable at Living Locurto).  The kiddos were really begging me for the kisses (we are not allowed to give out candy).  I told them we would work it out the next day but.....




Oh no!  Jingles ate all the kisses!  


And while she was eating them, she read our book "The Secret Life of a Snowflake" and made some snowflakes for our classroom!




What a mess she made!


The next day, Jingles delivered a letter to us from Santa.  It said that he gave Jingles permission to give us some Magic Elf Seeds to grow in our classroom since all the children were behaving so nicely.  We were to place the seeds in sugar and sprinkle them with a tiny bit of salt.  In 2 days, we would get a magical surprise!



Day One



Day 2 - We are beginning to see something!


Day 3 - We have a magical treat!




The next day, Jingles took one of our bags of marshmallows (for our Polar Express hot chocolate later in the week) and decided to make a "snow angel".  


I am very sad to say that I forgot to take a picture of Jingles on her last day with us. She left us with a basket full of Reindeer Food (one packet for each child) to help Santa find his way to their house.

Jingles was super fun!  I hope she comes back to visit my classroom next year!  




Hope you are having a wonderful holiday vacation!




3 comments:

  1. What did you use for the little mini gingerbread people? I recognize the gingerbread cookies. Yummy and FUN!

    Kristin
    Teachntex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristin! They were little icing things you peel off paper and put on top of cupcakes. I got them at Michael's. I couldn't believe my luck in finding them! I think I had more fun than the kids did!

      Diane

      Delete
  2. What fun! I like your magical seeds! I'm sure your class loved this treat!

    Kelly
    Teaching Fourth

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...